Applications are now open for the NNCA's 2019 Apprentice Scholarships. Download the application package here.
There are three scholarships available, each valued at $1600. An applicant must meet the following criteria to be eligible to apply for an Apprentice Scholarship:
- Resident of the Northwest Territories or Nunavut
- Registered as an apprentice in a trade in the Northwest Territories or Nunavut
- Passed first or subsequent apprenticeship and industry training exam
- Have at least one more period of technical training remaining in your program
- Employed by a member of the NNCA (members are listed in the NNCA’s online directory)
- Returning to work for the sponsoring NNCA employer
The deadline for submissions is May 19th, 2019 at 5:00pm MT. Completed applications must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Federal Government offers grants to registered apprentices to support pursuing a career in a Red Seal designated trade.
The Apprenticeship Incentive Grant provides financial support to registered apprentices in a Red Seal Trade.
The Apprenticeship Completion Grant is grant available to registered apprentices who have successfully completed their apprenticeship training and obtained their journeyperson certification in a designated Red Seal Trade.
Eligible apprentices can receive up to $4,000 in federal grants to support their trade training.