The Canadian Design-Build Institute and the NNCA offered a one-day tutorial, Fundamentals of Design-Build, in Yellowknife.
When: 8:00am to 4:00pm Thursday, January 14, 2016
Where: Explorer Hotel, Yellowknife
Click here for the Tutorial Program.
The Fundamentals of Design-Build Tutorial provides an interactive introduction to this popular project delivery practice which is a must for practitioners, owners, decision-makers, and those wanting to learn more about DB.
Topics covered included:
- what owners should include in RFQs and RFPs, how to analyze an RFQ, key considerations in responding
- statement of requirements - "getting it right"
- good documents for a DB proposal call
- the importance of early development and finalization of diesgn and construction criteria, as well as procedures for selecting the DB team, the design solution, schedules, contract conditions, contract price, methods of delivery and payment, and producing the best overall proposal
- roles and responsibilities the design-builder takes on as the consultant and contractor for both design and construction or vice-versa (consultant-led DB)
- how to assemble a DB team and how to demonstrate that they are the most capable
- consensus-building processes
- contractual risks
- calculation of honouraria
- round-table discussion on critical issues
- insurance & bonding for DB vs. design-bid-build
Gary J. Bale
Principal Consultant, Bale Project Consulting
Nolan Heuchert, CAIB, CRM
Director, Wylie-Crump Ltd.
Samuel McFall, PQS
Project Manager, Collaborative Structures Ltd.
B.E. Novak, P.Eng., M.C.P., Dip. BA
Senior Consultant, Project and Corporate Management
Click here for more information about the speakers.
The NNCA would like to thank the Department of Industry, Tourism and Investment, Government of the Northwest Territories, for providing funding for this professional development opportunity.