The NNCA is hiring a part-time Executive Assistant. This position is part-time for 22 hours a week, from 9:00am - 1:00pm on Tuesday and Thursday and 9:00am – 5:00pm on Wednesday and Friday. Occasional evenings and additional hours will be required based on our events schedule.
The NNCA is offering between $25 and $29/hour, a parking space in downtown Yellowknife and insurance benefits. Interested applicants can send their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Executive Assistant Responsibilities:
- Present a professional, welcoming first point of contact (by phone, in-person and email) to all NNCA members and others making inquiries with the NNCA’s office. Direct all visitors to the appropriate office or boardroom.
- Handle incoming and outgoing mail (including deliveries) and distribute to the Executive Director as needed.
- Answer the phone, check voicemail and respond to inquiries. Gather detailed information and direct calls or take messages.
- Run errands as needed – Valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle required
- Monitor office supplies – order new supplies and schedule service appointments when needed.
- Create filing systems and perform regular filing.
- Board Meetings – prepare materials, order and pickup food and drinks, and clean the boardroom afterwards.
- Responsible for office organization and light cleaning duties
- Process credit card payments using Global Payments’ online system
- Accept cash payments
- Send receipts in a timely manner
- Follow up with delinquent accounts and make payment arrangements
- Prepare bank deposits
- Prepare the weekly procurement Bulletin following the NNCA’s procedures, which includes accurately summarizing new and awarded procurement opportunities, inserting advertisements, notices and other materials approved by the Executive Director
- Maintain and update the electronic planroom, which includes communicating with tender authorities, members, the public, and other parties interested in posting projects in the electronic planroom
- Complete the Notary Public examination and assist members with Statutory Declarations as needed
- Manage sales and inventory of Canadian Construction Documents Committee documents and seals
- Manage webinar registrations and ensure information about webinars is distributed to members in a timely manner
- Assist members with accessing member discounts through partner firms
- Assist members of the public accessing Habitat for Humanity NWT’s programs
- Correspond with and assist sponsors and volunteers contributing to Habitat for Humanity NWT and maintain up-to date lists of these groups
- Prepare annual membership renewal mail-outs
- Follow membership renewal and new member processes, including updating member login details for the NNCA’s website and electronic planroom
- Assist in the retention and recruitment of new members
- Maintain an accurate membership database and email distribution list
- Assist the Executive Director with event planning, as requested, including information sessions, seminars, workshops, trade shows, the annual curling Funspiel, the annual Golf Tournament & Steak Dinner, and Habitat for Humanity NWT events
- Collect silent auction items for fundraising events
- Secure sponsorships and follow through on sponsorship agreements
- Manage event registrations and track using Microsoft Excel
- Book venues, food services, audio-visual services and other services as necessary
- Assist with marketing the NNCA’s events as needed
- Responsible for bringing and setting up NNCA materials at events
- During events, the Executive Assistant will work the registration table and take photos
Perform additional duties as required by the Executive Director
The ideal candidate will have:
- A completed college diploma or university degree
- At least 1 year of administrative experience
- A valid drivers’ license and reliable vehicle
- The ability to stand for long periods of time and carry 20 lbs
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, including Excel
- Knowledge of the construction industry will be considered an asset
Resumes will be accepted until a suitable candidate is chosen.
We encourage all interested persons to apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.